Monday, June 1, 2020

Inglenook Room Box


An old painting was my inspiration for this room box. I always found those big old fireplaces with windows within utterly fascinating.

The fireplace walls, hearthstone and ceiling timbers are styrofoam. 

The bricks that cover the floor were cut from bass stripwood.

While under construction, the floor was painted brick red in preparation for the laying of the wooden bricks. I used bass stripwood for the bricks. First I painted then sanded each strip smooth, then sanded the long edges a bit so blunt them. This will give the brick floor a more realistic textured look.
Next I cut the strips into brick lengths. The cut edges of the bricks were then sanded smooth and painted, then smoothed a bit more. I use emery boards for this. I always mean to buy sanding sticks, but still haven't done so.


No comments:

Post a Comment