Monday, June 1, 2020

Folk Art Kitchen Room Box

Years ago I bought a little set of wooden cookware. I thought it would be nice to use them in a folk art room box.
Years ago I made some clothespin dolls as Christmas tree ornaments, and thought I'd make some more someday. I even bought more clothespins to make them, but never got around it.
A couple weeks ago I finally got around to it.

I had found a picture of a European rounded masonry hearth that really appealed to me. That was the push that got me started.

The hearth is made of styrofoam. I've been recycling packing styrofoam into dollhouse projects. The chair started out as a rocker with a broken arm. I removed the other arm and the rockers, then painted the decorative motif. I also made the corner hanging cupboard, work table, wall shelf and towel rack.



1 comment: