Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Baron's Study - a room box


This room was inspired by some castle interiors. I only made one piece of furniture for this room, that's the big cabinet on the left. It's a piece for show, the doors don't open. I always mention that to save people from asking if the doors open. I designed the box to have a space in which I could insert a small light to simulate daylight streaming in through the window. The small bulb emits a soft glow, sort of early evening light. For this shot I removed it and set a lamp with a bright bulb to shine down into the opening behind the window. I wanted more of a late afternoon light.

I painted the pictures using 17th c. paintings for inspiration.

The floor and the placement of the painted panels below the window and the bookshelves come from the picture of an old Swiss chateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment